Children with Special Health Care Needs Help Line
1-800-737-3028 or Email:CYSHCN.Helpline@dhhs.nc.gov
The Help Line is an information and referral Help Line for those living with, caring for and concerned about a child with special health care needs. Callers can learn about health care programs as well as funding resources available to North Carolina residents.
Topics most often discussed with help line callers include:
- Information and services available under government and community programs.
- Resources to help pay for medications, medical equipment/supplies, adaptive devices, visits to the doctor, utilities or food.
- How to find health care and dental providers.
- How and where to apply for disability income for a child.
- How to find services when relocating to and within North Carolina.
- Information about health care transitions for children and youth with special health care needs.