Implementation of NC FAST is anticipated to have the following benefits for NC families, communities, county departments of social services and the state.
Families will have:
- One-time communication of their information and needs.
- Confidence that their benefits will be determined in an expedited, consistent manner from any place in the state.
Communities will have:
- Increased responsiveness to community needs.
- Increased community outreach.
- Better outcomes for dollars invested.
County Departments of Social Services and their employees will have:
- Tools to help them share information and track cases across program areas and county lines.
- More time to assist families as administrative tasks are automated.
- Increased ability to work with families within existing resources.
- Enhanced partnerships with employers, service providers and other support organizations.
- Enhanced ability to identify clients' needs.
The State will have:
- Access to current, accurate and useful data that is integrated across programs.
- Comprehensive data on service delivery for accountability and decision-making purposes.
- Enhanced partnerships with counties and other state entities.