Lists of facilities regulated by the Nursing Home Licensure and Certification Section are available in two formats. An easy to read PDF lists the facilities. The comma-delimited text (TXT) files are for download into spreadsheets or databases. Formatting information for the TXT files is available in the respective header file.
Search for Statements of Deficiencies for nursing homes regulated by DHSR.
Statements of Deficiencies are posted for nursing homes with survey dates beginning March 1, 2011. Inspections are conducted year-round. If you do not see a listing for a home in which you are interested, please check this site for monthly updates.
Nursing homes that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs are included in federal databases that be accessed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services at Nursing Home Compare .
Nursing Home Compare includes information on:
- Five-star quality ratings of overall and individual star performance on health inspections, quality measures, and hours of care provided per resident by staff performing nursing care tasks.
- Health and fire-safety inspections with detailed and summary information about deficiencies found during the three most recent comprehensive inspections (conducted annually) and the last three years of complaint investigations.
- Nursing home staffing information about the number of registered nurses, licensed practical or vocational nurses, physical therapists and nursing assistants in each nursing home.
- A set of quality measures that describe the quality of care in nursing homes including percent of residents with pressure sores, percent of residents with urinary incontinence and more.
- Penalties against a nursing home.
More resources and information for nursing home residents, as well as, alternative long term care services can be found at Long Term Care Ombudsman.