Adult Medicaid Manual MA-2355 MAABD/MQB PROGRAM TRANSFERS
I. POLICY RULES
A. Once an applicant signs an application in any adult aid program/ category, he does not have to sign another application if it is later determined that he should be in a different aid program/category. However, an applicant must be given opportunity to apply in more than one program if appropriate. Refer to MA-2300, Initial Contact.
B. This section provides procedures for transferring cases between active MQB-Q or B and M-AABD. Use these procedures when:
1. A recipient is no longer eligible for M-AABD but continues to qualify for MQB-Q or B.
2. A MQB-Q or B recipient has a change in situation which makes him dually eligible for M-AABD.
C. Do not deny or terminate benefits without evaluating eligibility in any aid program/categories.
D. If a transfer occurs at the end of a certification period, complete a redetermination of eligibility for the coverage group to which the case is transferring.
1. When transferring a case from MQB-Q or B to M-AABD, timely notice is not required. Send a DSS-8108 approving M-AABD.
2. When transferring an authorized case from M-AABD to MQB-Q or B, timely notice is required.
3. When transferring an M-AABD case in deductible status to MQB-Q or B, timely notice is not required. Send the a/r a DSS-8108 approving MQB-Q or B.