Family and Children's Medicaid MA-3100 INTRODUCTION
IV. PAPER MANUAL MAINTENANCE
A. New manual material will carry the section number and date of issuance in the upper right corner of the page.
B. Manual material is sent from the state office to county departments of social services by consecutively numbered Change Notices. When a change is received:
1. Review the new material to gain an understanding of it. A vertical line in the left margin indicates changed material. A horizontal line in the left margin indicates the place where material was deleted.
2. Note the effective date of the material.
3. On the effective date, follow any instructions regarding the implementation of the material.
4. Individual workers should remove and destroy the obsolete material; however, in each county at least one copy of obsolete manual material should be permanently filed for future reference.
5. File all Change Notices together. When you receive the next change, note the number to see if you have missed a change. (Allow a few days for a missing change to reach you as changes can be received out of sequence due to the forwarding process). Keep the Change Notice for at least 6 months.