Family and Children's Medicaid MA-3240 PREGNANT WOMAN COVERAGE
V. POST PARTUM COVERAGE
The pregnant woman is eligible through the post partum period without a redetermination of eligibility.
A. The post partum period is at least 60 days following termination of the pregnancy for any reason. The post partum period ends on the last day of the month in which the 60th day falls. For example, the delivery occurs on June 10. The post partum period ends on August 31.
B. Exceptions to the post partum eligibility are:
1. The pregnant woman moves to another state with the intent to live there on a permanent basis.
2. The pregnant woman is an alien eligible only for emergency services.
3. The pregnant woman is found eligible only for presumptive eligibility.
4. The pregnant woman applies after the termination of the pregnancy, her income exceeds the MPW Poverty Level, and she is MAF-M.
C. If the pregnancy terminates earlier than anticipated, the 60-day post partum period may end earlier than planned.
1. Send the pregnant woman a timely notice notifying her of the new end date of her coverage due to the early termination of her pregnancy.
2. When the timely notice period expires, shorten the certification period to the end of the 60 day post partum period. Complete a re-enrollment to determine her ongoing eligibility. Refer to MA-3420, Re-Enrollment.
REVISED 06/01/-07 - CHANGE NO. 09-O7