Family and Children's Medicaid MA-3313 SPONSOR DEEMING
VIII. Sponsorship Verification and documentation
A. Do not verify alien sponsorship in the following circumstances:
1. The county determines that the alien is not an LPR or that the alien became an LPR prior to December 19, 1997; or
2. The county determines that the alien has, or can be credited with, 40 qualifying quarters. (See MA-3330, Alien Requirements, for information on 40 qualifying quarters.),
3. The alien is ineligible for Medicaid based on his or her own income and resources, or is ineligible for some reason unrelated to income and resources, or
4. The alien is exempt from alien sponsor deeming as noted in Section IV. above.
B. To verify alien sponsorship, you must:
1. Complete form G-845S and G-845 Supplement. See MA-3330, Alien Requirements, for a copy of these forms and instructions for completing them.
REISSUED 07/01/10 – CHANGE NO. 08-10
1. Make a copy of the verification document(s) and attach them to the a/r’s permanent record.
2. Once sponsorship has been verified, you do not have to re-verify unless you learn the previous verification is questionable.