Family and Children's Medicaid MA-3540 Medicaid Covered Services
XL. Refugee health assessments provided in health Departments
Refer to DMA’s website at http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/dma/mp/mpindex.htm for specific coverage criteria, prior approval requirements, and service limitations.
A. Covered Services
Health assessments performed in local health department settings. The assessment includes the components specified below.
1. Medical history
2. Physical examinations
3. Review of BCIS documents
4. Determination of immunization status/upgrade immunizations
5. TB skin testing
6. Ova and parasite testing
7. Sexually transmitted disease testing
8. Other lab tests as indicated
9. Treatment or referral as appropriate.
1. Recipient must be documented by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) on form I-94 and have been in the United States for less than 18 months.
2. Refugee health assessment is allowed once per lifetime.
REVISED 08/01/11 – CHANGE NO. 14-11
1. $3.00 per visit
2. All Medicaid recipients are subject to copayments except as noted in II.E.