Ask at every application and redetermination whether the a/r or the a/r’s representative has given away or sold any resources for less than fair market value since the lookback date (no earlier than 11/1/02). At any time you learn from any source that there has been a transfer of resources on or after the lookback date, verify the following information based on policy in SA-3200, Resources
1. A description of the resource transferred (homesite, other real property interest such as tenancy-in-common or life estate, cash, vehicle, stock, bank account, etc.).
2. The person who transferred the resource.
3. The name of the person to whom the resource was transferred.
4. The a/r's relationship to the person to whom the resource was transferred.
5. The countable value of the resource at the time of the transfer.
6. The compensation (money or other benefit) received or expected for the transferred resource, if any.
7. The date the resource was transferred.
8. Whether the a/r was the sole owner of the resource at the time of the transfer, and if not, the name of any co-owners.
9. Whether the a/r still retains any ownership right in the resource.
Document the above information in the case record.
For questions or clarification on any of the policy contained in these manuals, please contact your local county office.