This topic contains information on the following subjects:
N.C. ACTS (North Carolina Automated Collection and Tracking System) supports all of the functions needed to perform Child Support Services activities. ACTS supports functions at both the county and State levels for case management, financial management, and reporting and supervisory functions. It provides CSS caseworkers with the ability to add new cases and work existing cases, manage financial activities, enter court orders and modifications in the system after the hearing, and perform enforcement activities such as income withholding, assets attachment, and tax intercepts. To assist workers in performing CSS activities, ACTS has the following features:
1. ACTS interfaces with other state and federal systems (such as DMV, DOR, and EIS) and supports locate functions as well as employment verification and income maintenance.
2. The ACTS document generation function automatically prints many documents (such as employment, postmaster verification, and appointment letters) and allows caseworkers to manually generate other documents while customizing the text.
3. ACTS maintains a personal calendar for each caseworker and allows caseworkers to schedule administrative appointments and court hearings.
4. ACTS maintains on-line Obligation Calculation Worksheets and allows caseworkers to enter and modify court order information.
5. ACTS handles charging/billing functions and informs the responsible caseworkers when a noncustodial parent (NCP) has become delinquent in his/her payments.
6. ACTS supports and monitors activities for Interstate cases along with the Child Support Enforcement Network (CSENet).
7. ACTS supports System Management functions, such as case closure and caseworker data and case referral profile maintenance.
8. ACTS maintains entire case histories on-line through the use of events and notifies caseworkers when activities need to take place by sending worklist items.
9. ACTS maintains a complete record of obligations, payments, and grant amounts for use in recording and distributing collections. It provides a detailed history of all financial transactions and up-to-date arrearage balances.
10. The ACTS financial adjustments function provides an efficient way to modify account balances when an error or new information is identified. ACTS automatically distributes funds based on these account adjustments.
The case/participant functions of ACTS provide caseworkers with the ability to create, update, and inquire about case and participant data.
The financial functions of ACTS provide caseworkers with the ability to create, update/ modify, and inquire about the financial activities for a participant or case.
The reporting function of ACTS provides caseworkers/supervisors with the ability to produce a variety of reports. The supervisory functions allow supervisors (and other workers with appropriate security profiles) to perform a variety of supervisory activities and to control system access and security.
For questions or clarification on any of the policy contained in these manuals, please contact your local county office.