The following costs are unallowable for State and Federal financial participation:
1. Costs of dues, memberships, or subscriptions for individual employees.
2. Bad debts or losses arising from accounts declared uncollectible
3. Contributions to a contingency reserve or any similar provision for unforeseen events.
(For the Work First Program, such a reserve, funded by county funds, may count toward the county’s required Maintenance of Effort, per G.S. 108A 27.4 (c).)
4. Entertainment costs, amusements and social activities
5. Fines and penalties resulting from violations or failure to comply
6. Taxes which could have been legally recouped by means of exemption or refund.
7. Interest payments are unallowable, with the exception of expenditures for interest incurred for the financing of buildings newly occupied.
For questions or clarification on any of the policy contained in these manuals, please contact your local county office.